The following is a quick analysis of the Sudden Valley Estate Market.
There are currently 80 homes for sale. Homes are priced from $129,900 - $795,000
- Average Asking Price is $295,600 Average Days on Market is 114
- Median Asking Price is $266,750 Median Days on Market is 88
- Sold in December: 14
- Average Listing Price $235,163
- Average Sold Price $226,164 Average Days on Market 115
- Median Listing Price $222,400
- Median Sold Price $225,900 Median Days on Market 87
- Pending Sales Last Week: 2 Total pending sales: 28
- Average Sales Price December 2008: $255,137
- Median Sales Price December 2008: $246,500
- Sold in December 2008: 12
The Average Sales price is down 11.5% compared to December 08 and down 18.3% compared to November 09.
The Median Sales prices is down 8.4% compared to December08 and up 2.7% compared to November 09.
The number of sales up by 2 compared to December 08 and is down by 1 unit compared to November 09.
Condo Analysis for Sudden Valley
There are currently 9 condos for sale. Condos are priced from $69,900 - $264,000
- Average List Price $163,929 Average Days on the Market: 145
- Median List Price $174,900 Median Days on the Market: 63
- Sold in December: 3
- Average Listing Price $151,300
- Average Sold Price $136,667 Average Days on Market 38
- Median Listing Price $165,000
- Median Sold Price $149,000 Median Days on Market 37
- Pending Sales Last Week: 1 Total pending sales: 3
- Sold in December 2008: 0
The First Time Home Buyer's Tax Credit of $8,000 available to anyone who hasn't owned a home in the past 3 years has been extended until April 2010. The new program has also expanded the tax credit to include existing home owners who have owned a home for at least five of the last 8 years. You will be able to apply for tax credits of up to $6,500 when you purchase your next home. You might want to talk to your banker to see what you can afford. Meanwhile interest rates are still extremely low and there are some great values in the Bellingham market right now. You might want to take a look at what it would cost you to purchase one of these homes at today's rates. You might be surprised at what your monthly payments would be, maybe less than your paying for rent right now if you are renting a comparable sized house.
If you have any questions or want to see any Bellingham Property feel free to email me at or give me a call at 360-739-6981