The following is a quick analysis of the Sudden Valley Estate Market.
There are currently 87 homes for sale. Homes are priced from $139,900 - $869,900
- Average Asking Price is $299,075 Average Days on Market are 107 days
- Median Asking Price is $264,000 Median Days on Market are 77 days
- Sold in November: 15
- Average Listing Price $232,730
- Average Sold Price $230,380 Average Days on Market 98
- Median Listing Price $224,900
- Median Sold Price $220,000 Median Days on Market 63
- Pending Sales Last Week: 3 Total pending sales: 30
- Average Sales Price November 2008: $243,310
- Median Sales Price November 2008: $238,750
- Sold in November 2008: 12
The Average Sales price is down 5.3% compared to November 08 and down 15.6% compared to October 09.
The Median Sales prices is down 8.5% compared to November 08 and down 3.3% compared to October 09.
The number of sales up by 3 compared to November 08 and is down by 1units compared to October 09.
Condo Analysis for Sudden Valley
There are currently 9 condos for sale. Condos are priced from $69,900 - $350,000
- Average List Price $301,467 Average Days on the Market: 135
- Median List Price $199,000 Median Days on the Market: 81
- Sold in November: 2
- Average Listing Price $159,900
- Average Sold Price $149,500 Average Days on Market 99
- Median Listing Price $159,900
- Median Sold Price $149,500 Median Days on Market 98
- Pending Sales Last Week: 0 Total pending sales: 14
- Average Sales Price November 2008: $155,000
- Median Sales Price November 2008: $155,000
- Sold in November 2008: 1
Great news the First Time Home Buyer's Tax Credit of $8,000 available to anyone who hasn't owned a home in the past 3 years has been extended until April 2010. The new program will also expand the tax credit to include existing home owners who have owned a home for at least five of the last 8 years will be able to apply for tax credits of up to $6,500 when they purchase their next home.
You might want to talk to your banker to see what you can afford. Meanwhile interest rates are still extremely low and there are some great values in the Bellingham market right now. You might want to take a look at what it would cost you to purchase one of these homes at today's rates. You might be surprised at what your monthly payments would be, maybe less than your paying for rent right now if you are renting a comparable sized house.
If you have any questions or want to see any Bellingham Property feel free to email me at or give me a call at 360-739-6981