The following is a quick analysis of the Whatcom County real estate market.
- There are currently 1629 homes for sale.
- Homes are priced from $16,000 - $6,995,000
- Average Asking Price $429,724 Days on Market: 125 days
- Median Asking Price $339,900 Days on Market: 77 days
- Homes sold in June: 220
- Average Listing Price $300,149
- Average Sold Price $289,029 Days on Market 91
- Median Listing Price $279,000
- Median Sold Price $267,500 Days on Market: 45
- Homes Pending this week: 64 Total Homes Pending: 408
- Average Sales Price June 2008: $350,534
- Median Sales Price June 2008: $295,375
- Sold in June 2008: 194
The Average Sales price is down 17.5% compared to June 08 and up 2.7% compared to last month.
The Median Sales prices is down 10.4% compared to June 08 and $500 higher than last month.
The number of sales is up by 26 or 13.4% compared to June 08 and up by 68 or 44.7% compared to last month.
Condo Analysis for Whatcom County
- Currently Active Listings: 476
- Price range of active listings - $20,000 - $1,565,000
- Average List Price $271,383 Days on Market: 205
- Median List Price $212,950 Days on Market: 127
- Sold in June: 26
- Average Listing Price $255,437
- Average Sold Price $241,655 Days on Market: 142
- Median Listing Price $209,950
- Median Sold Price $202,416 Days on Market: 80
- Condos Pending (went under contract) last week: 11 Total Condos Pending: 62
- Average Sales Price June 2008: $221,556
- Median Sales Price June 2008: $188,900
- Sold in June 2008: 41
The Average Sales price is up by 9.1% compared to June 08, and up by 24.2% over last month.
The Median Sales prices is up by 7.2% compared to June 08 and up by 1.2% over last month.
The number of sales is down by 15 or 36% compared to June 08 and up by 8 or 44% compared to last month.
Buyers: Interest rates are still low making now is a good time to get in the market. There are still plenty of homes to choose from and lots have been on the market a long time so there are some motivated sellers out there who need to sell their homes.
Sellers: There is still a lot of competition right now and if you don't want your home to sit on the market without an offer here are a few bits of advise:
- The most important thing you can do is price your home right, have your real estate agent do a CMA and price your home aggressively, that is in the lower range of similar homes if you want a quick sale
- Have a pre-inspection done to your home and fix any problems
- Give your home curb appeal
- Offer a Home Warranty if it is an older home
- Get rid of clutter, start clearing out your things, even if you have to put them in storage.
- Think about staging your home, get advise from a staging professional or at least your agent.
If you would like some info about Whatcom County real estate or living in Whatcom County send me an email or give me a call.