The following is a quick analysis of the Whatcom County real estate market.
- There are currently 1393 homes for sale.
- Homes are priced from $12,000 - $6,995,000
- Average Asking Price $433,613 Days on Market: 135 days
- Median Asking Price $337,000 Days on Market: 83 days
- Homes sold in March: 128
- Average Listing Price $316,340
- Average Sold Price $304,016 Days on Market 112
- Median Listing Price $279,450
- Median Sold Price $266,800 Days on Market: 84
- Homes Pending this week: 62 Total Homes Pending: 317
The Median Sales prices is down 6.4% compared to March 08 and down 4.6% compared to February 09.
The number of sales is down by 49 or 27.7% compared to March 08 and up by 36 or 39% compared to last month.Condo Analysis for Whatcom County
- Currently Active Listings: 447
- Price range of active listings - $25,900 - $1,565,000
- Average List Price $283,995 Days on Market: 198
- Median List Price $209,950 Days on Market: 126
- Sold in March: 20
- Average Listing Price $189,490
- Average Sold Price $182,110 Days on Market: 104
- Median Listing Price $169,900
- Median Sold Price $164,500 Days on Market: 52
- Condos Pending (went under contract) last week: 8 Total Condos Pending: 41
The Median Sales prices is down 15.6% compared to March 08 and down 24.2% over last month.
The number of sales is down by 17 or 36% compared to March 08 and up by 4 or 25% compared to last month.Don't forget about the newly passed First Time Home Buyer's Tax Credit of $8,000 available to anyone who hasn't owned a home in the past 3 years. You might want to talk to your banker to see what you can afford. You might be surprised at what your monthly payments would be, maybe less than your paying for rent right now if you are renting a comparable sized house.
If you have any questions or want to see any Whatcom County homes or condos feel free to email me or give me a call at 360-739-6981.